- Gourds are a fruit with a hard-shell that come in a variety of shapes, sizes, colors, and patterns.
- Gourds grow on a series of long vines. These vines can be grown horizontally (sprawling across the ground) or vertically (growing up a trellis).
- Gourds require a long growing season and grow best in moderate, warm climates.
- Twine or other bands can be used to shape gourds when they are young.
- Gourds can be dried and cured which will make them last for years.
- Human consumption
- Other Products: utensils, bottles, scoops, bowls, birdhouses, etc.