- Sunflowers are an oil crop that is highly regarded for its ornamental value.
- Sunflowers grow quickly. These plants mature in 90-100 days. In Illinois, they are typically planted in the spring or early summer (depending on the variety).
- One crop of sunflowers can yield around 2,000 pounds per acre.
- Sunflower Oil (for cooking)
- Bird Seed
- Sunflower Seeds (for human consumption)
- Oils used in the production of cosmetics, paints, and other goods
- Sunflowers are native to North America.
- Some sunflower heads follow the sun from east to west across the sky each day.
Sunflowers at Clearview Farm
- Our 2021 sunflowers were used to produce bird seed, which is available for purchase in the Clearview Farm Shop. Bags are 20 pounds and cost $20.
- 2022 will see a brand new sunflower maze at Clearview Farm.