The fan-favorite sunflower maze is open in Champaign, Illinois for everyone in the community to enjoy!
This year’s maze design is the state of Illinois with its major interstates. To embrace the theme, interstate signs are placed throughout the maze to help keep you on track and 13 Illinois cities are marked with a “Welcome to…” sign!
Important Information to Know:
Clearview Farm is open seven days a week, dawn to dusk. Come when convenient for you!!
The Atkins Group has allowed Clearview Farm to be a FREE* place for the community to enjoy.
* There may be events where a small fee will apply or donations will be suggested.
Ample parking is available along the OUTSIDE of the Legacy Avenue loop (the road that loops around the main part of Clearview Farm) .
*Please obey the posted “No Parking This Side of Street” signs.
Click the images to enlarge:
- Leashed pets are welcome. Please be courteous and pick up after your pet if the need arises.
- Professional photographers are welcome to plan sessions as they wish.
- Please be respectful and leave sunflowers in the field without damage.
- Please do not schedule your own events in our maze. If you would like to collaborate with Clearview Farm for an event, fill out our contact form.
These are the events planned at the sunflower maze for the 2022 season. Please see our Facebook @ClearviewFarmIL for specific event details and how to register.
- Sunflower Yoga
- Mid-day – Saturday, July 30th 9am
- Sunset – Monday, August 1st 7:15-8pm
- Sunrise – Wednesday, August 3rd 5:45-6:30am
- Sunflower Celebration
- Includes live music by Kolten Taylor, Piato To Go, Crowridge Farm ice cream, and the sunflower maze
- Friday, August 5th 5-8 pm
- Wine Tasting Amongst the Sunflowers
- Saturday, August 6th 5-7 pm
- Must be 21+
- Tickets are $10
There are no permanent restroom facilities available, but there are two porta-potties located near the sunflower field on the east side of Legacy Avenue. There is also a nearby Circle K.
There are miles of wide, paved sidewalks that border most of our fields that are accessible from various entry points along the street. Our in-field walking paths may be difficult for handicap access due to farm field conditions.
FOR THE KIDS
There is a face cutout located in the maze that your kids may enjoy! To find it, head straight into the sunflower maze on “Interstate 72”. Turn left onto “Interstate 55” and you’ll see it!
WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO DO?
There is educational signage at each of our crops around the farm including a description of the crop and a QR code leading you to more information. We encourage you to stop at these signs and explore other crops firsthand during your trip to the sunflowers! Particular crops of interest may be flax and safflower, which are both located just to the north of the sunflower maze. Flax produces beautiful dainty blue blooms and safflower is a thistle-like plant producing orange blooms. Check the field map for exact locations!
HOW LONG WE EXPECT BLOOMS
Blooms are expected to be going through the beginning of August. After the first week or so in August, blooms will begin their wilting process.
WHAT TO BRING
- Bug spray
- Closed toed shoes
WHO IS TO THANK?
Clearview Farm was developed by The Atkins Group as a space for the community to visit, explore, experience, and learn about agriculture. The Atkins Group team is the root of the ideas that come to life on the farm, particularly Vice President Farms, Jim Goss, and the intern, Shannon Flavin, who plant and prepare the sunflower maze.
We hope your day is brightened by your trip to the sunflower maze!