The fan-favorite sunflower maze is open in Champaign, Illinois for everyone in the community to enjoy!
This year’s maze is in support of Eastern Illinois Foodbank– even the design! This year’s design incorporates two logos: Eastern Illinois Foodbank and sunflower maze sponsor, Hickory Point Bank.
Important Information to Know:
Clearview Farm is open seven days a week from dawn to dusk. Come when convenient for you!
A suggested donation to Eastern Illinois Foodbank. Donation boxes for cash and non-perishable food items are located at the maze’s entrance.
These on-your-honor boxes are monitored regularly by Clearview Farm staff. 100% of your donation benefits Eastern Illinois Foodbank.
Ample parking is available along the OUTSIDE of the Legacy Avenue loop (the road that loops around the main part of Clearview Farm).
*Please obey the posted “No Parking This Side of Street” signs.
Click the images to enlarge:
- Leashed pets are welcome. Please be courteous and pick up after your pet if the need arises.
- Professional photographers are welcome to plan sessions as they wish.
- Please be respectful and leave sunflowers in the field without damage.
- Please do not schedule your own events in our maze. If you would like to collaborate with Clearview Farm for an event, fill out our contact form.
These are the events planned at the sunflower maze for the 2023 season. Please see our Facebook @ClearviewFarmIL for specific event details and how to register.
- Sunflower Celebration
- Includes live music by the Caleb Cook Band, food trucks, ice cream, honey from the hives at Clearview Farm, and more!
- Friday, August 4th 5-8 pm
- This event is in support of Eastern Illinois Foodbank. Please bring a monetary or canned item donation to contribute instead of an entry fee.
- Sunflower Yoga
- Sunrise – Thursday, August 3rd 5:45-6:30 PM
- SaturDAY – Saturday, August 5th 9:00-9:45 AM
- Sunset – Monday, August 7th 7:15-8:00 PM
- SWEAT with the Sunflowers Fitness Class
- Wednesday, August 7th from 7:15-8:15 PM
- Sunflower Photo Challenge– see our social media pages!
There are no permanent restroom facilities available, but there are two porta-potties located near the sunflower field on the west side of Legacy Avenue. There is also a nearby Circle K.
There are miles of wide, paved sidewalks that border most of our fields that are accessible from various entry points along the street. Our in-field walking paths may be difficult for handicap access due to farm field conditions.
FOR THE KIDS
There is a face cutout located in the maze that your kids may enjoy! To find it, navigate the giant heart shape in the sunflower maze design. A sign with the design is available at the maze entrance.
The Sunflower Challenge– It’s like a scavenger hunt… but better.
- Pick up a card from the box at the maze entrance.
- Can you find all five hole punch stations? There are five uniquely shaped hole punch stations hidden along the pathways in the maze. When you find one, punch the corresponding shape on your card.
- Turn in completed cards for a chance to win a prize!
WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO DO?
There is educational signage at each of our crops around the farm. Each sign includes a description of the crop and a QR code leading you to more information. We encourage you to stop at these signs and explore other crops firsthand during your trip to the sunflowers! Check the field map for exact locations!
HOW LONG WE EXPECT BLOOMS
Blooms are expected at the beginning of August. We expect blooms to wilt during the second or third week of August.
WHAT TO BRING
- Bug spray
- Closed toed shoes
WHO IS TO THANK?
Hickory Point Bank is the sponsor of 2023’s sunflower maze.
Clearview Farm was developed by The Atkins Group as a space for the community to visit, explore, experience, and learn about agriculture. The Atkins Group team is the root of the ideas that come to life on the farm. Vice President Farms, Jim Goss, and farm manager, Sophia Hortin, plant and prepare the sunflower maze each year.
We hope your day is brightened by your trip to the sunflower maze!