- Canola can be planted in fall or spring and is ready to harvest in 74-100 days.
- Canola is a member of the mustard family and grows a yellow, flowering stem that is 4-5 feet tall.
- Canola seeds are contained in pods. Each plant contains 60-100 pods, and each pod contains 20-30 canola seeds.
- In the United States, canola yields about 1,900 pounds per acre on average.
- Canola seeds contain about 47% oil.
- Canola oil is popular because it is low in saturated fats.
- Canola oil
- Animal feeds
- Biodiesel & Bio-plastic