- Popcorn is a member of the grass family whose hard kernels can be popped when heated.
- Popcorn is ready to harvest in 90-120 days (depending on the variety).
- Less than 1% of the corn grown in the United States is popcorn.
- A small amount of water that expands as it is heated is what causes popcorn kernels to pop.
- Popcorn is Illinois’ official state snack food.
- Each year, Americans consume 16 billion quarts of popped popcorn.
- Human consumption
Popcorn at Clearview Farm
- Our popcorn from the 2021 crop is available for purchase in the Clearview Farm Shop. Bags are 2 pounds and cost $3.