About Sweet Corn
- Sweet corn the kind of corn consumed by humans as corn on the cob, canned corn, frozen corn, and other corn products.
- Sweet corn is much higher in sugar than other varieties of corn making it desirable for human consumption.
- Sweet corn is typically planted in the spring and is ready to harvest in 60-100 days (depending on the variety).
- Sweet corn accounts for less than 1% of U.S. corn production.
- Florida the leading sweet corn producing state.
- Corn on the cob
- Canned corn
- Creamed corn