- Quinoa is a South American staple crop that produces seeds which are small and edible.
- A quinoa plant can reach 9 feet in height (depending on the type) and exhibits changing colors (including greens, yellows, reds/purples) as the plant matures.
- 80% of the world’s quinoa is produced in Bolivia and Peru.
- Quinoa is highly regarded as one of few plants that provides complete protein.
- Quinoa is gluten free.
- The United States imports 45% of the quinoa produced in the world.
- Human consumption
- Other Consumer Products: soaps, cosmetics, detergent