- Triticale is a hybrid of wheat and rye, and, as a result, it assumes many of those crops’ qualities.
- Triticale, a grass, will grow 30-40 inches tall and is sometimes cut and baled as a forage before it reaches maturity.
- If grown to maturity for harvest, triticale can yield 2,500-3,000 pounds per acre.
- Triticale alone is usually not desirable for baking, but it can be mixed with other baking flours.
- Triticale is known to produce a “nutty” flavor in some baked goods
- Animal Feed
- Human Consumption